Friday, January 29, 2010Bisons on the Air
Lipscomb Sports Network, www.LipscombSports.com (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play; Benjamin Seamon, color analyst)
A-Sun.TV (ETSU audio feed)
The Lipscomb University Bisons (10-10, 7-4) continue their three-game road trip Saturday afternoon at East Tennessee State (11-10, 7-3) in Johnson City. Game time is set for 3 p.m. CT from the ETSU/MSHA Athletic Center.
The Bisons hit 26-of-28 free throws while juniors Josh Slater (26) and Adnan Hodzic (25) combined for 51 points in Lipscomb’s 78-72 win at Belmont Tuesday evening completing the season sweep of the Bruins. Hodzic grabbed 12 rebounds for his fourth double-double of the season. Michael Teller added 14 points.
Justin Tubbs led ETSU with 18 points and Tommy Hubbard had a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds as ETSU defeated Campbell 72-57 in Johnson City Wednesday evening. ETSU shot 58.5 percent from the field while holding Campbell to 39.3 percent shooting.
Lipscomb is 3-8 in the NCAA-era against ETSU. ETSU has won eight of the last nine meetings. Jarvis Jones drained a 3-pointer with 0.4 seconds left to give ETSU the 71-69 win against the Bisons on Jan. 21 in Allen Arena.
- Lipscomb is 4-6 on the road and ETSU is 7-2 at home.
- Hodzic is second in the A-Sun and 13th in the nation for scoring (21.5). He is 5th in the A-Sun in rebounding (7.8) while shooting 59.3 percent for the best mark in the conference
- Hodzic has scored in double figures in 47 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the nation and the longest know streak in Atlantic Sun history.
- Slater is ranked third in the A-Sun in assists (4.95) and sixth in steals (1.95) and scoring (16.4)
- Lipscomb is 9-1 when its opponent converts less than 50 percent of its attempts and 1-9 when its opponent shoots over 50 percent.
- Lipscomb is 9-2 when giving up 81 or fewer points.
- Burgason leads the conference and is 10th in the nation for 3-point field goal percentage (44.8 percent).