Sunday, January 31, 2010Bisons on the Air
Lipscomb Sports Network, www.LipscombSports.com (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play; Benjamin Seamon, color analyst)
A-Sun.TV (Campbell audio feed)
The Lipscomb University Bisons (11-10, 8-4 A-Sun) seek to complete the sweep of their three-game road trip Monday evening at Campbell (12-8, 7-4 A-Sun). Game time is set for 7 p.m. CT from the Pope Center.
Junior Josh Slater had a career-high 35 points and sophomore Jordan Burgason hit a 19-footer with 4.5 seconds left in overtime to give the Bisons an 85-84 victory against ETSU Saturday afternoon. Junior Adnan Hodzic posted his second straight double-double with 22 points and 12 rebounds.
Jonathan Rodriguez was held scoreless for the first time in his 111-game career and Campbell shot a cool 31.4 percent from the floor in a 75-50 loss to Belmont Saturday. Belmont used a 35-8 run spanning both halfs to open up the game.
Lipscomb leads the all-time series 11-5 and has won seven of the last nine meetings. Lipscomb has won the last five meetings at Campbell. The Camels won an 86-82 dogfight in Allen Arena on Jan. 23 despite Slater and Hodzic combining for 52 points. Rodriguez paced Campbell with 26 points. Campbell held a 34-17 advantage on the boards and shot 60 percent in the second half.
- Lipscomb is 5-6 on the road while Campbell is 8-2 at home.
- Hodzic is leads the A-Sun and is 13th in the nation for scoring (21.5). He is 5th in the A-Sun in rebounding (8.0) while shooting 58.8 percent for the best mark in the conference
- Hodzic has scored in double figures in 48 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the nation and the longest know streak in Atlantic Sun history.
- Slater is ranked third in the A-Sun in assists (5.0) and sixth in steals (1.95) and scoring (17.2)
- Lipscomb is 10-1 when its opponent converts less than 50 percent of its attempts and 1-9 when its opponent shoots over 50 percent.
- Lipscomb is 9-2 when giving up 81 or fewer points.
- Burgason leads the conference and is 8th in the nation for 3-point field goal percentage (43.5 percent).