Tuesday, December 07, 2010The Game
The Lipscomb University Bisons travel an hour northwest to Clarksville to face Austin Peay State University at the Winfield Dunn Center. It is the home opener for Austin Peay. The game is set to tip at 7 p.m. central time.
The Bisons defeated Austin Peay 104-101 in overtime in Allen Arena on Nov. 18. Adnan Hodzic posted 33 points and 16 rebounds to lead all players. Lipscomb and Austin Peay have met 67 times with the Govs leading 40-27.
Lipscomb is 2-0 against Ohio Valley Conference teams. The Bisons play four of their nine non-conference games against OVC squads. The Bisons also play Tennessee Tech this Saturday.
Lipscomb opened Atlantic Sun play with a 77-65 victory over the Mercer Bears Saturday. Adnan Hodzic led all scorers with 28 points on 10-of-12 shooting while Josh Slater added 21 points. Lipscomb scored 40 of its points in the paint and 28 of its points came off Mercer turnovers.
Austin Peay earned two road conference games last week defeating Southeast Missouri and Eastern Illinois. On Saturday against Eastern Illinois the Govs connected on nine of their last nine free throws to force overtime and then TyShwan Edmondson made two from the line with two seconds left in overtime to seal a 77-73 victory. Edmondson scored 13 of Austin Peay’s final 19 points in regulation and finished with 33 points and 10 rebounds. He leads Austin Peay at 19.2 points per game while Anthony Campbell averages 14.8 per contest.
- Lipscomb is 1-2 on the road while Austin Peay is 0-0 at home
- Lipscomb’s 41.3 rebounds per game leads the Atlantic Sun and is the fourth highest average in the nation.
- Hodzic has scored in double figures in 63 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the nation.
- The Atlantic Sun is the only conference where its top two rebounders (Hodzic 9.2 rpg & Slater 9 rpg) are teammates.
- Last year the Bisons struggled on the defensive end allowing opponents to shoot 46.7 percent. This year Lipscomb holds its opponents to 44.1 percent shooting.