Sunday, December 18, 2011
Bison on the Air
Television: CSS-TV (Greg Gaston, play-by-play; Brian Oliver, color analyst)
Radio: WPRT 102.5 The Game (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play; Benjamin Seamon, color analyst)
Lipscomb and Memphis meet at the FedExForum Monday at 6 p.m. in a game televised on CSS. This is the second straight year the teams face off after a 75-hiatus in the series. Memphis won 88-70 last year and has won six of the seven meetings.
This is the third of seven straight road games for the Bison. Lipscomb is still seeking its first true road win of the season and has lost six consecutive road games dating to last season.
Lipscomb lost 89-65 at No. 24 Murray State Thursday after the Racers converted 23 Lipscomb turnovers into 37 points. Murray State had 26 fast break points to Lipscomb’s two. Malcolm Smith led the Bison with 13 points.
- Lipscomb is 0-4 on the road while Memphis is 3-1 at home
- Lipscomb and Memphis both play fast-paced games each averaging over 72 possessions per game
- Lipscomb’s loss to No. 24 Murray State dropped the Bison to 0-7 all-time against ranked opponents
- In wins, Damarius Smith has 32 assists compared to 10 turnovers. He has 20 assists and 22 turnovers in losses.
- Justin Glenn shoots 75.7 percent averaging 11.3 points in wins. He shoots 43.8 percent in losses scoring 5.5 points.
- Malcolm Smith averages 14 points and 6 rebounds over the last five games while shooting 54.5 percent from the field.
- Glenn averages 8.8 rebounds in the last five games and is 7th in the A-Sun for rebounding (6.8 per game)
- Deonte Alexander was named the Atlantic Sun Conference Newcomer of the Week for the week of Dec. 6-12. It was the third straight week that a Bison was honored with the award. He averaged 15.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in two games last week while shooting 61.1 percent from the floor and 60 percent the 3-point line.
- Glenn has 17 blocks on the season for the 2nd best average in the A-Sun (1.4). He swatted 10 shots all season. Glenn had 27 blocks his freshman season at Centenary.
- Jordan Burgason is Lipscomb’s NCAA era leader in 3-pointers attempted (555)
- Glenn had a career-high 15 rebounds against Kennesaw State (12/3) for the 8th best performance in the NCAA era.
- Malcolm Smith had his first career double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds against Kennesaw State (12/3)
- Malcolm Smith was 10-of-10 at the line against Mercer (12/1). It was the 5th time in the NCAA era a Bison was perfect from the line with ten or more attempts.
- Lipscomb shot 17-of-18 from the free throw line against Mercer (12/1) for its best day at the line since hitting 21-of-22 attempts (95.5 percent) against Florida Atlantic on Jan. 19, 2005.
- Zavion Williams was named the Atlantic Sun Conference newcomer of the week for the week of 11/22-11/28. He scored 28 points against SIU Edwardsville and averaged 13.0 points in three Lipscomb wins.
- Damarius Smith had a career-high nine assists against Austin Peay (11/28) while committing no turnovers. It was the most assists without a turnover for the Bison since Josh Slater had ten assists against ETSU on Feb. 16, 2009. Smith also had nine assists against Kennesaw State (12/3)
- Robert Boyd had a career-high seven steals against Austin Peay for the third highest tally in the NCAA era.
- Zavion Williams’ 28 points against SIU Edwardsville was the most scored in the Atlantic Sun Conference this season by a freshmen and most by a Lipscomb freshman since Jeff Dancy scored 38 at Tennessee State on Jan. 14, 2002. His 13 free thows made were the most by a Lipscomb freshman in the NCAA era
- Jacob Arnett recorded back-to-back career-highs against Gardner-Webb (13) and Illinois (17).