Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Bison on the Air
Radio: WPRT 102.5 The Game (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play)
Senior Jordan Burgason returns to his home of Ames, Iowa, as the Lipscomb Bison meet Iowa State Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the Hilton Coliseum. Burgason graduated from Ames High School in 2008.
This is the fourth of seven straight road games for the Bison. Lipscomb is still seeking its first true road win of the season and has lost seven consecutive road games dating to last season.
Burgason’s father, Steve, played for Iowa State from 1974-78 scoring 548 points and bringing down 511 rebounds in his career.
Lipscomb lost 85-75 at Memphis Monday night. The Bison utilized a 13-2 run to bring the game within three with under five minutes to play. Burgason and junior Deonte Alexander led Lipscomb with 16 points each.
- Lipscomb is 0-5 on the road while Iowa State is 6-1 at home
- Deonte Alexander averages 13.8 points and is shooting 54.5 percent from the 3-point line (12-of-22) for the last four games. He had a career-high five steals at Memphis.
- Burgason has hit six of his last eight 3-point attempts
- Damarius Smith has four games of eight or more assists in the last seven games
- Marvin Williams averages 7 points and is shootings 48 percent over the last four games.
- Justin Glenn shoots 75.7 percent averaging 11.3 points in wins. He shoots 45.7 percent in losses scoring 5.9 points.
- Lipscomb played in the American Family Insurance Cyclone Challenge at Hilton Coliseum in Nov. 2007. The Bison lost to Centenary and Winston-Salem State.
- Glenn is the only Bison to play in Hilton Coliseum. He was a freshmen at Centenary when they played Lipscomb and Iowa State there. He had five rebounds against Lipscomb and three points and four rebounds against Iowa State.
- Robert Boyd leads the A-Sun with 29 made 3-pointers
- Lipscomb’s loss to No. 24 Murray State dropped the Bison to 0-7 all-time against ranked opponents
- Deonte Alexander was named the Atlantic Sun Conference Newcomer of the Week for the week of Dec. 6-12. It was the third straight week that a Bison was honored with the award. He averaged 15.5 points and 5.5 rebounds in two games while shooting 61.1 percent from the floor and 60 percent the 3-point line.
- Glenn has 18 blocks on the season for the 2nd best average in the A-Sun (1.4). He swatted 10 shots all season. Glenn had 27 blocks his freshman season at Centenary.
- Jordan Burgason is Lipscomb’s NCAA era leader in 3-pointers attempted (561)
- Glenn had a career-high 15 rebounds against Kennesaw State (12/3) for the 8th best performance in the NCAA era.
- Malcolm Smith had his first career double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds against Kennesaw State (12/3)
- Malcolm Smith was 10-of-10 at the line against Mercer (12/1). It was the 5th time in the NCAA era a Bison was perfect from the line with ten or more attempts.
- Lipscomb shot 17-of-18 from the free throw line against Mercer (12/1) for its best day at the line since hitting 21-of-22 attempts (95.5 percent) against Florida Atlantic on Jan. 19, 2005.
- Zavion Williams was named the Atlantic Sun Conference newcomer of the week for the week of 11/22-11/28. He scored 28 points against SIU Edwardsville and averaged 13.0 points in three Lipscomb wins.
- Damarius Smith had a career-high nine assists against Austin Peay (11/28) while committing no turnovers. It was the most assists without a turnover for the Bison since Josh Slater had ten assists against ETSU on Feb. 16, 2009. Smith also had nine assists against Kennesaw State (12/3)
- Robert Boyd had a career-high seven steals against Austin Peay for the third highest tally in the NCAA era.
- Zavion Williams’ 28 points against SIU Edwardsville was the most scored in the Atlantic Sun Conference this season by a freshmen and most by a Lipscomb freshman since Jeff Dancy scored 38 at Tennessee State on Jan. 14, 2002. His 13 free thows made were the most by a Lipscomb freshman in the NCAA era
- Jacob Arnett recorded back-to-back career-highs against Gardner-Webb (13) and Illinois (17).