Jordan Burgason set the Bison NCAA era program record for three-pointers in a single game with nine at Iowa State en route to earning the Atlantic Sun Men's Basketball Player of the Week Award, announced Tuesday by the league office.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Jordan Burgason, Lipscomb
(Sr. – Guard – Ames, Iowa – Marketing)
- First Career Player of the Week award
- Nailed nine three-pointers at Iowa State en route to 30 points
- Set Lipscomb's NCAA era single-game record for three pointers and tied Hilton Coliseum record
- Marked first 30-point game by an Atlantic Sun student-athlete this season
- Added six rebounds; finished 10-of-16 from the field and 9-of-14 from three
Burgason averages 14.8 points and 3.3 rebounds in nine games this season. He's shooting 44.3 percent from the field and 51.5 percent from the 3-point line.
North Florida's Travis Wallace was named the league's Newcomer of the Week.
Lipscomb travels to Jacksonville Monday to play the Dolphins at 6:30 p.m. central time. The Lipscomb Sports Network presented by Jackson will carry the game on 102.5 The Game.