|February 08, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||ETSU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.614 (27-44)||.446 (29-65)|
|3P FG Percentage||.467 (7-15)||.382 (13-34)|
|FT Percentage||.854 (35-41)||.680 (17-25)|
HAMPTON - 2
WILSON - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Fresh off Thursday night’s thrilling win over USC Upstate that saw freshman guard Josh Williams drain a 3-pointer with 2.2 seconds remaining, the Lipscomb men’s basketball team is set to host ETSU for the final time as an Atlantic Sun Conference member on Saturday at 4 p.m. at Allen Arena.
A pair of special events are set to be a part of the contest as Lipscomb hosts the 3rd Annual Adoption Rally and 6th Annual Star Wars Day. 100 percent of ticket sales for Saturday’s game will benefit 14 families, who are adopting children from across the globe. The 501st Legion MidSouth Garrison will be on hand wearing various costumes from the Star Wars movies.
The contest is set to be broadcast on ESPN3 and 94.9 Game 2. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased online at http://www.LipscombTickets.com
- The Bisons are currently riding a four-game winning streak for the first time since the 2009-10 season when Lipscomb finished up the regular season with 5-straight victories to claim the A-Sun Regular Season crown.
- Freshman guard Josh Williams continues to make a big impact in his first season averaging a league sixth best 15.8 points per game in conference games. He has been clutch in the final two minutes of action for the Bisons hitting 8-of-9 from the field including 4-for-4 from beyond the arc, along with an 11-for-12 mark at the free-throw line. Williams drained the game-winning shot with 2.2 seconds remaining on Thursday night against USC Upstate.
- Redshirt-freshman guard J.C. Hampton picked up his second A-Sun Newcomer of the Week award on Monday for his efforts last week against Jacksonville and North Florida. Hampton sank 15 points in each contest including hitting the game-winning shot against the Ospreys with 45 seconds left. The Gainesville, Ga. native notched four rebounds, four assists and a pair of steals against Jacksonville and grabbed four rebounds and added three steals against North Florida. Hampton continues to lead all A-Sun freshmen in scoring averaging 14.6 points per game, a figure that ranks him sixth overall in the league. He has also scored double figures in 15 of the last 16 contests.
- The Bisons currently lead the league with four players ranked in the top-15 in scoring in Atlantic Sun games.
- With seven wins on the road this season, the Bisons are tied with A-Sun leader Mercer for the most road victories this season.
- Long distance has been a big part of the Bisons this season as Lipscomb leads the league in 3-pointers made per game at 8.9. The Bisons rank 7th nationally with 546 attempts. Senior guard Khion Sankey leads the league with a .456 percentage from beyond the arc.
- Close contests have been the norm for the Bisons in A-Sun play with nine of the 12 contests being decided by five points or less.
- Hitting the 70-point mark and hitting more free throws than the opponent seems to be the magic recipe so far in 2013-14. The Bisons are 10-4 when scoring 70 or more and also 8-4 when shooting more free throws.