Monday, December 05, 2011
Bisons on the Air
Online audio: LipscombSports.com (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play; Justin Seamon, color analyst; Craig Hartline, studio host)
Subscription Video: ASunTV (Lipscomb Sports Network audio feed)
Lipscomb hosts UT Martin Tuesday at 6:30 in Allen Arena as the Bisons go for their fifth win in six outings.
This is the first meeting in Nashville between the in-state opponents since the Skyhawks won 99-90 in the then-new Allen Arena on Dec. 7, 2002. Last year the Bisons won 90-71 in Martin on Nov. 27. Martin leads the all-time series 12-10.
The Bisons are coming off a 75-52 A-Sun victory against Kennesaw State Saturday propelled by a pair of double-doubles from Justin Glenn (11/15) and Malcolm Smith (16/12). The duo combines for 22 ppg and 17.3 rpg over the last three games.
- Lipscomb is 3-2 in Allen Arena this year and 97-41 overall in Allen.
- Malcolm Smith had his first career double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds against Kennesaw State. Malcolm has 38 points in 29 minutes over the previous two games.
- Justin Glenn had a career-high 15 rebounds against Kennesaw State for the 8th best performance in the NCAA era. He’s 5th in the A-Sun for rebounding at 6.9 per game.
- Glenn has 13 blocks on the season for the 3rd best average in the A-Sun (1.4). He swatted 10 shots all season. Glenn had 27 blocks his freshman season at Centenary.
- Over the last four games Robert Boyd is shooting 29.4 percent from the field (15-of-51) and 29.6% from the 3-point line (8-of-27). He also has nine turnovers to three assists.
- Jacob Arnett had a career-high eight rebounds against Kennesaw State
- Malcolm Smith was 10-of-10 at the line against Mercer. It was the 5th time in the NCAA era a Bison was perfect from the line with ten or more attempts.
- Lipscomb shot 17-of-18 from the free throw line against Mercer (12/1) for its best day at the line since hitting 21-of-22 attempts (95.5 percent) against Florida Atlantic on Jan. 19, 2005.
- Zavion Williams was named the Atlantic Sun Conference newcomer of the week for the week of 11/22-11/28. He scored 28 points against SIU Edwardsville and averaged 13.0 points in three Lipscomb wins.
- Damarius Smith had a career-high nine assists against Austin Peay while committing no turnovers. It was the most assists without a turnover for the Bisons since Josh Slater had ten assists against ETSU on Feb. 16, 2009.
- Robert Boyd had a career-high seven steals against Austin Peay for the third highest tally in the NCAA era.
- Zavion Williams’ 28 points against SIU Edwardsville was the most scored in the Atlantic Sun Conference this season by a freshmen and most by a Lipscomb freshman since Jeff Dancy scored 38 at Tennessee State on Jan. 14, 2002. His 13 free thows made were the most by a Lipscomb freshman in the NCAA era
- Jacob Arnett recorded back-to-back career-highs against Gardner-Webb (13) and Illinois (17).