|February 21, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||NKU||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.491 (27-55)||.429 (24-56)|
|3P FG Percentage||.313 (5-16)||.167 (3-18)|
|FT Percentage||.636 (7-11)||.679 (19-28)|
CAMPS - 8
CAMPS - 3
CAMPS - 1
BILLUPS - 1
MONACO - 1
DENNY - 2
MILLER - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – With the 2013-14 regular-season road schedule in the books, the Bisons return home for the final three contests of the season starting off with Northern Kentucky on Friday night at Allen Arena.
The contest is set to air on CSS around the South and on ESPN3 outside of the CSS geographic footprint. The game will also be carried on ASun.TV for those that are blacked out on ESPN3. Along with the television broadcast, the game will air on 94.9 Game 2 in the Nashville area with Jonathan Seamon, Jay Walton and Jared Revlett calling the action.
Friday night’s contest will be the fourth meeting between NKU and Lipscomb in the NCAA Division I era. The Bisons hold a 2-1 advantage in the series.
To purchase tickets visit: http://www.LipscombTickets.com or call 615-966-HERD (4373)
- With last Sunday’s 76-73 win at Kennesaw State, the Bisons locked in a postseason berth into the Atlantic Sun Tournament. The event begins on March 4 with the top four seeds hosting the first round.
- Freshman guard Josh Williams continues to make a big impact in his first season averaging a league sixth best 15.5 points per game in conference games. The newcomer picked up his league-leading third A-Sun Newcomer of the Week after averaging 18 ppg and 7.5 rpg. Williams has been clutch in the final two minutes of action for the Bisons hitting 8-of-11 from the field including 4-for-5 from beyond the arc, along with a 12-for-14 mark at the free-throw line.
- Redshirt-freshman guard J.C. Hampton continues to lead all A-Sun freshmen in scoring averaging 14.7 points per game, a figure that ranks him seventh overall in the league and 17th nationally among freshmen. His 45 3-pointers made in 2014 rank him third in the nation among all freshmen and tied for 15th overall. He also ranks seventh in the nation in 3-point FGM in conference play. Hampton has also scored double figures in 17 of the last 19 contests.
- With eight wins on the road this season, the Bisons head into the final two weekends of play leading the league.
- Long distance has been a big part of the Bisons this season as Lipscomb leads the league in 3-pointers made per game at 9.1. The Bisons rank 4th nationally with 658 attempts.
- Close contests have been the norm for the Bisons in A-Sun play with 10 of the 15 contests being decided by five points or less.
- Junior forward Martin Smith leads the Bisons in scoring averaging a league sixth-best 15.2 points per night. Hitting the 70-point mark and hitting more free throws than the opponent seems to be the magic recipe so far in 2013-14. The Bisons are 11-5 when scoring 70 or more and also 9-4 when shooting more free throws than the opponent.