|March 01, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||STET||LIP|
|FG Percentage||.545 (30-55)||.449 (22-49)|
|3P FG Percentage||.300 (6-20)||.333 (8-24)|
|FT Percentage||.556 (10-18)||.775 (31-40)|
PEGG - 3
PEGG - 1
GLASFORD - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb men’s basketball team is set to wrap up the 2013-14 regular season on Saturday morning at 10 a.m. against Stetson at Allen Arena with a chance to host an Atlantic Sun Conference Championship quarterfinal game on the line.
With a Bison win over the Hatters and a North Florida loss to Kennesaw State, “March Madness” would be in full force in the Music City on Tuesday night.
Saturday’s contest against Stetson entitled “Breakfast with the Bisons” is “Senior Day” for Lipscomb senior Khion Sankey, who will take Don Meyer Court for the last time in regular season play. The contest is set to air on ESPN3 and 94.9 Game 2.
- With a postseason berth locked into place, the Bisons now look to improve in the standings. In a tie for fifth with North Florida, Lipscomb can finish no lower than seventh and no higher than the fourth seed.
- The Hatters hold an 13-11 advantage in the all-time series between the two schools but Lipscomb holds an 8-3 advantage all-time at Allen Arena. The Bisons look to snap a three-game skid against Stetson two of which Lipscomb head coach Casey Alexander is responsible for.
- The Bisons will honor senior guard Khion Sankey in a pregame ceremony on Saturday morning. The California native enters his final home regular season game in purple and gold ranked third-best all-time in rebounding in the NCAA Division I era with a career 6.9 rpg average.
- Freshman guard Josh Williams continues to make a big impact in his first season averaging a league seventh best 14.8 points per game in conference games. The newcomer picked up his league-leading third A-Sun Newcomer of the Week last week after averaging 18 ppg and 7.5 rpg. Williams has been clutch in the final two minutes of action for the Bisons hitting 8-of-11 from the field including 4-for-5 from beyond the arc, along with a 12-for-14 mark at the free-throw line.
- Redshirt-freshman guard J.C. Hampton continues to lead all A-Sun freshmen in scoring averaging 14.6 points per game overall and 15.7 in league play, a figure that ranks him tied for fourth in the league. His 81, 3-pointers made in 2013-14 rank him third in the nation among all freshmen and tied for 27th overall. He also ranks 10th in the nation in 3-point FGM in conference play. Hampton has also scored double figures in 19 of the last 21 contests.
- With eight wins on the road this season, the Bisons are tied with A-Sun co-leader Mercer for road victories.
- Long distance has been a big part of the Bisons this season as Lipscomb leads the league in 3-pointers made per game at 9.1. The Bisons rank 6th nationally with 706 attempts.
- Close contests have been the norm for the Bisons in A-Sun play with 11 of the 16 contests being decided by five points or less.
- Junior forward Martin Smith leads the Bisons in scoring averaging a league fifth-best 15.3 points per night.