|Men's Soccer » Schedule » Roster » News » Coaches » 2014 Stats » Honors » Archives|
Monday, October 18, 2010MACON, Ga. – Playing in his first “Battle of the Boulevard,” Lipscomb freshman Joey Chiappetta posted the league’s third six-point game of the season to win his first Atlantic Sun Player of the Week. FGCU remained the class of the conference beating Mercer and Campbell with Matt O’Shaughnessy anchoring the Eagle defense to claim the Defensive Player of the Week award, the conference announced on Monday.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Joey Chiappetta, Lipscomb (MF - Fr. - New Berlin, Wisc. - Undeclared)
· First A-Sun Player of the Week award
· Scored two goals and added two assists in 6-2 win at Belmont
· Six points tie him for the conference lead for points in a game
· Six points represent a team high for points in a game this season
· Tied for team lead in goals in a game and assists in a game
· Second time this season he has recorded two assists in a game, (Centenary Sept. 12)
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Matt O’Shaughnessy, FGCU (D - Sr. - Trinity, Fla. - Criminal Justice)
· First A-Sun Defensive Player of the Week award
· Headed a defensive unit that allowed just eight shots on goal in two weekend contests
· FGCU picked up its fourth-straight shutout with a 1-0 win at Campbell.
· Senior has helped the team to six shutouts on the year, a program-best eight-game winning streak and an unbeaten A-Sun record (6-0).
Men's Soccer Archives
2010-11 Men's Soccer