Saturday, January 31, 2009
The Lipscomb Bisons continued their successful start to tennis season in non-conference play Saturday at Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, Tenn.
The Bisons started strong, winning the doubles point. Mario Hernandez and Daniel Hangstefer defeated Lucas de Brito and Leu Locatelli, 9-7.
Chad Pierron and James Murrell defeated Renan Bezerra and Paco LaPuente, 8-5. Joe McArdle and Andy Mizell also got a win for the Bisons, beating Dusty Brady and Bret Shaw, 8-2.
The Bisons lost momentum in the singles match, losing the first two sets. After that, the angle changed and the men stood strong.
Singles winners for the Bisons included Chad Pierron, James Murrell, Mario Hernandez and Josh Cummings.
"The guys had a good match today,” said coach Andrew Harris. “They really came out strong in doubles and delivered the first punch against Austin Peay. After that, Austin Peay was not really able to recover.
“We have other things we need to continue to get better at in singles but we are focusing on the process right now and continue to focus only on what we can control.”
The Bisons next match is Feb. 13 at home against UT-Martin at 7 p.m. The location is to be announced.
Lipscomb 5 Austin Peay 2
1) Mario Hernandez/Daniel Hangstefer vs. Lucas De Brito/Leu Locatelli LU Won 9-7
2) Chad Pierron/James Murrell vs. Renan Bezerra/Paco LaPuente LU Won 8-5
3) Joe McArdle/Andy Mizell vs. Dusty Brady/Bret Shaw LU Won 8-2
1) Locatelli def. Hangstefer APSU Won 6-2, 6-2
2) DeBrito def. McArdle APSU Won 6-5, 6-1
3) Pierron def Bezerra LU Won 6-5, 6-2
4) Murrell def. LaPuente LU Won 6-0, 6-0
5) Hernandez def. Shaw LU Won 6-0, 6-0
6) Cummings def Brady LU Won 6-0, 6-0
|Copyright ©2014 Lipscomb University Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.LipscombSports.com|