Monday, April 05, 2010
The Bisons tennis team faced Mercer University in an A-Sun conference match up on Saturday, April 3. With only a single win, the Bisons fell to the Bears 6-1.
The Bisons had a tough time finding a victory in doubles.
Daniel Hangstefer and Joe McArdle were defeated at the No. 1 spot by Fernando Armedaris and Matthew Poleon 8-5.
At No. 2, Chad Pierron and Tanner Brown fell 8-3 to Adam Hunt and David Barton.
Mario Hernandez and Colby Shaw came up short at No. 3, losing to Peter Tauchner and Evandro Rosindo 8-3.
Lipscomb did not find much more success in their singles play.
Already down 0-1, the Bisons added five more losses to the score. The Bisons only win came at No. 1 singles.
Senior Daniel Hangstefer showed his experience and maturity on court with his win over the Bears. After barely pulling out a close first set, Hangstefer ran away with the second set, taking the match over Rosindo 7-6 (5), 6-0.
Pierron fell at the No. 2 spot, losing to Armendaris 6-0, 6-2.
At No. 3, Hernandez was defeated by Tauchner 6-3, 6-2.
McArdle lost a tough match at No. 4 to Barton 7-5, 6-2.
Brown fell at No. 5 after coming back in the second set only to lose in a tiebreaker to Poleon 6-1, 7-6 (1).
James Murrell was defeated by Hunt 6-1, 6-0 at No. 6.
With this 6-1 loss the Bisons conference record falls to 1-8. Lipscomb is now eliminated from postseason play. The Bisons face A-Sun rival, Belmont, in the Battle of the Boulevards on Tuesday, April 6 at Belmont.
1. Fernando Armendaris/Matthew Poleon (MER) def. Daniel Hangstefer/ Joe McArdle (LU) 8-5
2. Adam Hunt/David Barton (MER) def. Chad Pierron/Tanner Brown (LU) 8-3
3. Peter Tauchner/Evandro Rosindo (MER) def. Mario Hernandez/Colby Shaw (LU) 8-3
1. Daniel Hangstefer (LU) def. Evandro Rosindo (MER) 7-6 (7-5), 6-0
2. Fernando Armendaris (MER) def. Chad Pierron (LU) 6-0, 6-2
3. Peter Tauchner (MER) def. Mario Hernandez (LU) 6-3, 6-2
4. David Barton (MER) def. Joe McArdle (LU) 7-5, 6-2
5. Matthew Poleon (MER) def. Tanner Brown (LU) 6-1, 7-6 (7-1)
6. Adam Hunt (MER) def. James Murrell (LU) 6-1, 6-0