Wednesday, April 14, 2010The Bisons faced Tennessee Tech University on Saturday, April 10, losing the match by a score of 5-2.
The Bisons began the match by losing the doubles point, posting their only doubles win at the No. 1 spot.
Daniel Hangstefer and Joe McArdle defeated Harris and Chen 8-5.
Chad Pierron and Tanner Brown fell to Pachon and Kirstein at No. 2 8-5, while Colby Shaw and Mario Hernandez were defeated by Guterriez and Stafford 8-4.
With a 1-0 deficit, the Bisons entered into singles play.
Hangstefer posted his second win of the day with a three set battle against Pachon. Hangstefer fought through the tight match, finding a victory in the end 6-4, 6-7, 7-6, evening the score at 1-1.
Pierron was defeated at No. 2 by Kirstein in another close three setter, losing 2-6, 6-4, 7-6 (9-7).
Bringing the score to 3-1 in TTU’s favor, Hernandez fell to Harris at No. 3 6-2, 7-6.
Shaw picked up Lipscomb’s second at No. 4 singles. The freshman easily defeated Guterriez with a steady score of 6-3, 6-3.
With the score now 3-2, Lipscomb fell at No. 5 and No. 6, allowing Tennessee Tech to take the win 5-2.
Brown fell at No. 5 to Stafford 6-1, 6-4, while McArdle came up short at No. 6, losing to Chen 6-1, 6-2.
The Bisons travel to the University of Kentucky on Tuesday, April 13.
1. Hangstefer/ McArdle (LU) def. Harris/ Chen (TTU) 8-5
2. Pachon/ Kirstein (TTU) def. Pierron/ Brown (LU) 8-5
3. Guterriez/ Stafford (TTU) def. Shaw/ Hernandez (LU) 8-4
1. Hangstefer (LU) def. Pachon (TTU) 6-4, 6-7, 7-6
2. Kirstein (TTU) def. Pierron (LU) 2-6, 6-4, 7-6 (9-7)
3. Harris (TTU) def. Hernandez (LU) 6-2, 7-6
4. Shaw (LU) def. Guterriez (TTU) 6-3, 6-3
5. Stafford (LU) def. Brown (LU) 6-1, 6-4
6. Chen (TTU) def. McArdle (LU) 6-1, 6-2
Written by Ashland Williams, student assistant in the sports information department.
|Copyright ©2015 Lipscomb University Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.LipscombSports.com|