Tuesday, April 09, 2013
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - With the season winding down, the Lipscomb women’s tennis team couldn’t keep up with the visiting Ole Miss on Tuesday, losing the match 4-0.
The team was unable to take any of their matches, with a few matchups going unfinished.
Lipscomb coach Andrew Harris said he believes that despite the loss, the team made some key improvements.
“This was another great opportunity tonight for us to get better and I think we accomplished that,” Harris said.
Harris said the Lady Bisons (7-13) will need to be prepared for Saturday’s home game against North Florida at 10:00 a.m., which is the final match of the regular season before the Atlantic Sun tournament.
“UNF comes Saturday, so we will need to be ready,” Harris said.
Ole Miss 4, Lipscomb 0
Apr 09, 2013 at Nashville, Tenn. (Huston-Marsh-Griffith Tennis Center)
1. Julia Jones (UM) def. Deahna Welcher (LIPW) 6-1, 6-1
2. Lorena Djuknic (LIPW) vs. Mai El Kamash (UM) 1-6, 2-2, unfinished
3. Erin Stephens (UM) def. Melissa Kromer (LIPW) 6-1, 6-1
4. Jenny Borck (LIPW) vs. Iris Verboven (UM) 0-6, 2-5, unfinished
5. Santa Shumilina (UM) def. Alyssa Bellini (LIPW) 6-0, 6-0
6. Shilpa Naruka (LIPW) vs. Allie Robbins (UM) 6-7, 0-1, unfinished
1. Jenny Borck/Deahna Welcher (LIPW) vs. Iris Verboven/Erin Stephens (UM) 2-6, unfinished
2. Julia Jones/Allie Robbins (UM) def. Lorena Djuknic/Alyssa Bellini (LIPW) 8-2
3. Mai El Kamash/Santa Shumilina (UM) def. Shilpa Naruka/Melissa Kromer (LIPW) 8-1
Ole Miss 10-11
|Copyright ©2015 Lipscomb University Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.LipscombSports.com|