|News » Archives|
Sunday, February 22, 2009Following a win over the University of Northern Kentucky, the Lady Bisons played the host University of Dayton in match two of the Dayton Collegiate Tournament in Dayton, Ohio Saturday.
After losing the doubles point, the Lady Bisons rallied in singles to win the match 5-2.
“The girls really impressed me as a team tonight, said coach Kristin Lusk. “We were disappointed when we didn't get the doubles point, but the girls went into there singles matches with determination to pull out the match and they did.”
Doubles winners for the Lady Bisons were Raphaela Jann and Claire Landry, who beat Laina Grote and Molly Matthews 8-5.
Singles winners included Raphaela Jann, who defeated Loni Dickerhoof 7-6 (6), 6-3. Kara Jackson beat Laina Grote 6-1, 7-6 (5).
Other singles winners included Elizabeth Keevil, who beat Chelsea Glankler 6-2, 6-4. Danielle Hansen defeated Chelsea Glankler 6-2, 6-4. Olivia Ellis defeated C. Gray 6-3, 6-1.
“It is the first time that we have won a match without winning the doubles point this year,” said Lusk.
The Lady Bisons are now 4-2 overall. They will continue the Dayton Collegiate Classic Sunday, Feb. 22 when they play Wright State University.
1. Nikki Dzubay/Kelly O’Connell (DU) def. K. Jackson/D. Hansen (LU) 8-6
2. Loni Dickerhoof/Chelsea Glankler (DU) def. E. Keevil/O. Ellis (LU) 8-1
3. R. Jann/C. Landry (LU) def. Laina Grote/Molly Mathews (DU) 8-5
1. Jann (LU) def. Dickerhoof (DU) 7-6 (6), 6-3
2. Jackson (LU) def. Grote (DU) 6-1, 7-6 (5)
3. Keevil (LU) def. Glankler (DU) 6-2, 6-4
4. Hansen (LU) def. Dzubay (DU) 6-2, 6-4
5. Mathews (DU) def. Landry (LU) 3-6, 6-1, 6-4
6. Ellis (LU) def. C. Gray (DU) 6-3, 6-1