|News » Archives|
Tuesday, March 08, 2011The Lady Bisons fell to No. 46-ranked Louisiana Monroe 7-0 Monday afternoon in a last-minute match at the Huston-Marsh-Griffith Tennis Center.
The Lady Bisons only won 13 singles points and eight doubles points against the Warhawks.
The Lady Bisons were swept in doubles play, losing all three matches to drop to an early 1-0 deficit.
Senior Kara Jackson and freshman Alyssa Bellini posted the strongest doubles results at No. 1 for the Lady Bisons, falling to Medy Blankvoort and Letha Gaigher by a score of 8-5.
At No. 2, juniors Elizabeth Keevil and Danielle Hansen were defeated by Monica Winkel and Claire Clark 8-1. Senior Julianne McMeen and sophomore Carlina Jow fell at No. 3 to Vivian Polak and Ana Burjalli 8-2.
It was a tough day for singles for the Lady Bisons, who dropped all six singles matches after heading into play with a 1-0 deficit.
Keevil was blanked at No. 1 by Clark 6-0, 6-0, while Jackson was defeated by Winkel 6-1, 6-2 at No. 2.
At No. 3, Bellini posted the women’s strongest singles results when she fell to Blankvoort 6-1, 7-5. Hansen lost 6-2, 6-2 to Burjalli at No. 4.
Jow was defeated at No. 5 by Vivian Polak 6-0, 6-0, and McMeen closed out the sweep with a 6-0, 6-0 loss to Gaigher at No. 6.
The Lady Bisons will play again on Tuesday afternoon when they face UT Chattanooga at 2 p.m. at the Huston-Marsh-Griffith Tennis Center.
Doubles: 1. Medy Blankvoort/Letha Gaigher (ULM) def. JACKSON, Kara/BELLINI, Alyssa (LIP) 8-5
2. Monica Winkel/Claire Clark (ULM) def. KEEVIL, Elizabeth/HANSEN, Danielle (LIP) 8-1
3. Vivian Polak/Ana Burjaili (ULM) def. JOW, Carlina/MCMEEN, Julianne (LIP) 8-2
1. Claire Clark (ULM) def. KEEVIL, Elizabeth (LIP) 6-0, 6-0
2. Monica Winkel (ULM) def. JACKSON, Kara (LIP) 6-1, 6-2
3. Medy Blankvoort (ULM) def. BELLINI, Alyssa (LIP) 6-1, 7-5
4. Ana Burjaili (ULM) def. HANSEN, Danielle (LIP) 6-2, 6-2
5. Vivian Polak (ULM) def. JOW, Carlina (LIP) 6-0, 6-0
6. Letha Gaigher (ULM) def. MCMEEN, Julianne (LIP) 6-0, 6-0
Written by Ashlan Williams, student assistant in Lipscomb athletics media relations.