Friday, December 09, 2011
Bisons on the Air
Online audio: LipscombSports.com (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play; Justin Seamon, color analyst)
Lipscomb begins a seven-game, five week road swing Saturday evening at Tennessee Tech in the Eblen Center in Cookeville, Tenn.
It is the fourth game this season for the Bisons against Ohio Valley Conference opponents. Lipscomb won the first three games.
Tennessee Tech leads the all-time series 38-5. Last year Lipscomb won 98-94 in Cookeville for the Bisons’ first win against the Golden Eagles since the 1955-56 season.
Lipscomb defeated UT Martin 70-55 Tuesday in Allen Arena for the Bisons’ fifth win in six outings. Lipscomb placed four in double-figures led by Jordan Burgason and Malcolm Smith with 11 each. Seven Bisons scored at least eight points. Freshman Marvin Williams had career-highs with ten points and five rebounds in 15 minutes off the bench.
- Lipscomb is 0-2 on the road while Tennessee Tech is 3-2 at home
- Damarius Smith has a 5-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio over the previous four games (30/6)
- Malcolm Smith averages 16.3 points and 8 rebounds over the last three games while shooting 54.8 percent from the field and 83.3 percent from the line.
- Burgason needs two more three-point attempts to tie James Poindexter’s Lipscomb NCAA era career record for trey’s attempted at 549
- Glenn averages 9.0 rebounds over the last four games
- Glenn has 15 blocks on the season for the 2nd best average in the A-Sun (1.5). He swatted 10 shots all season. Glenn had 27 blocks his freshman season at Centenary.
- Over the last five games Robert Boyd is shooting 24 pct. (6-of-25) from beyond the arc.
- Justin Glenn had a career-high 15 rebounds against Kennesaw State for the 8th best performance in the NCAA era.
- Malcolm Smith had his first career double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds against Kennesaw State.
- Malcolm Smith was 10-of-10 at the line against Mercer. It was the 5th time in the NCAA era a Bison was perfect from the line with ten or more attempts.
- Lipscomb shot 17-of-18 from the free throw line against Mercer (12/1) for its best day at the line since hitting 21-of-22 attempts (95.5 percent) against Florida Atlantic on Jan. 19, 2005.
- Zavion Williams was named the Atlantic Sun Conference newcomer of the week for the week of 11/22-11/28. He scored 28 points against SIU Edwardsville and averaged 13.0 points in three Lipscomb wins.
- Damarius Smith had a career-high nine assists against Austin Peay while committing no turnovers. It was the most assists without a turnover for the Bisons since Josh Slater had ten assists against ETSU on Feb. 16, 2009.
- Robert Boyd had a career-high seven steals against Austin Peay for the third highest tally in the NCAA era.
- Zavion Williams’ 28 points against SIU Edwardsville was the most scored in the Atlantic Sun Conference this season by a freshmen and most by a Lipscomb freshman since Jeff Dancy scored 38 at Tennessee State on Jan. 14, 2002. His 13 free thows made were the most by a Lipscomb freshman in the NCAA era
- Jacob Arnett recorded back-to-back career-highs against Gardner-Webb (13) and Illinois (17).