|News » Archives|
Saturday, February 16, 2013
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Lipscomb men’s tennis team (1-3) couldn’t keep up with No. 40 Vanderbilt (7-3), losing 4-0 Friday night at the Currey Tennis center.
The team went winless in both the singles and doubles competition.
Lipscomb head coach Andrew Harris believes the team made strides in the doubles competition, but fell behind in the singles.
“We definitely had an improvement in the doubles in terms of coming out with a better level of comfort and execution,” Harris said. “On the singles side, we obviously got behind in the singles and could not recover.”
Harris hopes the team can put this one in the rearview mirror, as the Bisons host North Alabama Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
“We will look to get back on track tomorrow against North Alabama,” Harris said.
Lipscomb vs Vanderbilt (Feb 15, 2013)
#40 Vanderbilt 4, Lipscomb 0
Feb 15, 2013 at Nashville, Tenn. (Currey Tennis Center)
1. #22 Ryan Lipman (VU) def. Oliver Strecker (LIPM) 6-2, 6-1
2. Jeff Offerdahl (VU) vs. David Salazar (LIPM) 1-6, 6-2, 0-1, unfinished
3. Marc van der Merwe (VU) def. Daniel Hernandez (LIPM) 6-2, 6-2
4. Rhys Johnson (VU) vs. Stuart Tierney (LIPM) 6-4, 1-6, 1-0, unfinished
5. Kris Yee (VU) def. Colby Shaw (LIPM) 6-2, 6-1
6. Anton Kovrigin (VU) vs. Miguel Cortez (LIPM) unfinished
1. Ryan Lipman/Marc van der Merwe (VU) def. Oliver Strecker/David Salazar (LIPM) 8-6
2. Suresh Eswaran/Anton Kovrigin (VU) vs. Miguel Cortez/Stuart Tierney (LIPM) 6-6, unfinished
3. Jeff Offerdahl/Rhys Johnson (VU) def. Tanner Brown/Colby Shaw (LIPM) 8-2
Vanderbilt 7-3; National ranking #40
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1); Singles (1,3,5)
Official: Steve Furman T-2:23