|News » Archives|
Friday, March 14, 2014
MARIETTA, Ga. – After opening the Atlantic Sun Conference season with a win at Mercer, the Lipscomb Bisons tennis team fell 6-1 to Kennesaw State Saturday at Fair Oaks Park.
Miguel Cortez, playing at No. 5, was the only singles match winner for the Bisons.
Daniel Hernandez and Rob Mitchell teamed for the only doubles win for the Bisons.
"The doubles point was huge for us,” Lipscomb coach Mario Hernandez said. “If we had won it, I think it could have made a big difference in the match momentum.”
The Bisons are 4-4, 1-1 in the conference. Kennesaw State is 7-5, 2-0 in the A-Sun.
“We have to give credit to Kennesaw,” Mario Hernandez said. “They were tough and played well.
“We need to rest and recover to get ready for the next week’s matches. We are happy though to come away 1-1 for the weekend."
1. Simon Pritchard (KSU) def. David Salazar (LIP) 6-3, 6-1
2. Jorge Wilton (KSU) def. Rob Mitchell (LIP) 3-6, 6-3, 10-2
3. Maksim Yorsh (KSU) def. Stuart Tierney (LIP) 6-2, 6-2
4. Louis Theodor (KSU) def. Daniel Hernandez (LIP) 6-3, 3-6, 10-6
5. Miguel Cortez (LIP) def. David Durham (KSU) 4-6, 7-5, 11-9
6. Jake Bouchillon (KSU) def. Nacor Ibanez (LIP) 6-1, 6-3
1. Jorge Wilton/Maksim Yorsh (KSU) def. Miguel Cortez/Stuart Tierney (LIP) 8-6
2. Daniel Hernandez/Rob Mitchell (LIP) def. Simon Pritchard/Louis Theodor (KSU) 8-6
3. David Durham/Alex Pena (KSU) def. David Salazar/Nacor Ibanez (LIP) 8-3