Saturday, February 20, 2010
After a tough match against the University of Dayton, the Lady Bisons hit the courts again Friday afternoon to play New Jersey IT. Unfortunately, Lipscomb found another disappointing 4-3 loss.
The Lady Bisons began doubles play with a win at No.1. Elizabeth Keevil and Mackenzie Bishop defeated Nina Mayevska and Isha Toor 8-5.
At No. 2 Kara Jackson and Danielle Hansen received a victory over Ana Lidon and Fanny Aizier 8-6.
Julianne McMeen and Carlina Jow were defeated by Dasa Stanimirovic and Anine Lovdal 6-8 at No. 3.
With the doubles point in their pocket, Lipscomb went into singles play with a 1-0 lead.
Bishop defeated Mayevska at No. 1 6-4, 6-2, giving Lipscomb a 2-0 edge.
Keevil easily added another win at No. 2, beating Lovdal 6-1, 6-2.
Up 3-0 now, the Lady Bisons lost a match at No. 3. Hansen fell to Lidon 2-6, 1-6.
At No. 4, Jackson lost a close match to Toor in a three setter 6-3, 3-6, 2-6.
Still up 3-2, NJIT evened the score to 3-3 with a win at No. 5. Jow fell to NJIT's Aizier 1-6, 0-6.
With a loss at No. 6, the match score fell to 3-4. McMeen was defeated by Stanimirovic in a hard fought three setter, losing 4-6, 6-1, 6-4.
The Lady Bisons could not pull out the win. The final score was 3-4 once again.
"We lost two matches 3-4 which was disappointing,” coach Kristin Lusk said. “We had our chances to win both. I told the girls that it is up to them how we look at it. We can get mad and bitter, or we can use that as motivation to work even harder.
“Bishop continued her winning streak in singles. She has been dominant so far this year.”
The Lady Bisons play Robert Morris on Saturday February 20 to conclude the Dayton Invitational.
1. Keevil/ Bishop (LU) def. Mayevska/ Toor (NJIT) 8-5
2. Jackson/ Hansen (LU) def. Lidon/ Aizier (NJIT) 8-6
3. Lovdal/ Stanimirovic (NJIT) def. McMeen/ Jow (LU) 8-6
1. Bishop (LU) def. Mayevska (NJIT) 6-4, 6-2
2. Keevil (LU) def. Lovdal (NJIT) 6-1, 6-2
3. Lindon (NJIT) def. Hansen (LU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Toor (NJIT) def. Jackson (LU) 3-6, 6-3, 6-2
5. Aizier (NJIT) def. Jow (LU) 6-1, 6-0
6. Stanimirovic (NJIT) def. McMeen (LU) 4-6, 6-1, 6-4