Monday, April 05, 2010
The Lady Bisons fell to 0-9 in the A-Sun conference on Saturday when they lost to Mercer University 7-0.
Lipscomb had a tough time finding good results in their doubles play.
Elizabeth Keevil and Mackenzie Bishop were defeated at No. 1 by Jennifer Lada and Amalia Bugge 8-1.
At No. 2 doubles, Danielle Hansen and Kara Jackson fell 8-1 to Anna Wieslander and Priscilla Dias.
Julianne McMeen and Carlina Jow lost to Stephanie Cohen and Sarah Hanna 8-2 at No. 3.
With the doubles point ending in favor of the Bears, the Lady Bisons entered singles play with a 1-0 disadvantage.
Bishop lost at No. 1 to Lada 6-3, 6-1, while Keevil fell at No. 2 to Weislander 6-2, 6-1. Lipscomb’s deficit was now increased to 0-3.
Hansen played a close first set but lost some steam in the second, falling 7-6 (4), 6-1 to Bugge at No. 3.
Jackson played a solid match at No. 4, but unfortunately it was not enough to pull out the victory. Jackson fell to Dias 6-4, 6-3.
Jow was defeated at No. 5 by Cohen 6-2, 6-0, while McMeen fell 6-2, 6-3 to Hanna.
The Lady Bisons face A-Sun rival, Belmont University, on Tuesday, April 3 at Belmont. The Bruins are also 0-9 in the conference. Lipscomb and Belmont are both eliminated from postseason play.
1. Jennifer Lada/Amalia Bugge (MER) def. Elizabeth Keevil/ Mackenzie Bishop (LU) 8-1
2. Anna Wieslander/Priscilla Dias (MER) def. Danielle Hansen/ Kara Jackson (LU) 8-1
3. Stephanie Cohen/Sarah Hanna (MER) def. Carlina Jow/ Julianne McMeen (LU) 8-2
1. Jennifer Lada (MER) def. Mackenzie Bishop (LU) 6-3, 6-1
2. Anna Wieslander (MER) def. Elizabeth Keevil (LU) 6-2, 6-1
3. Amalia Bugge (MER) def. Danielle Hansen (LU) 7-6 (7-4), 6-1
4. Priscilla Dias (MER) def. Kara Jackson (LU) 6-4, 6-3
5. Stephanie Cohen (MER) def. Carlina Jow (LU) 6-2, 6-0
6. Sarah Hanna (MER) def. Julianne McMeen (LU) 6-2, 6-3