|Women's Tennis » Schedule » Roster » News » Coaches » 2014 Stats|
Friday, March 19, 2010The Lady Bisons return home from spring break action following their 7-0 loss to Florida A&M on March 16 in Tallahassee.
Although the women put up a tough fight in doubles, the Lady Bisons came out of doubles play down 1-0 in the match.
Elizabeth Keevil and Mackenzie Bishop defeated Olagbegi and Dean at the No. 1 doubles spot 8-6, giving Lipscomb their only win of the day.
Kara Jackson and Danielle Hansen fell at No. 2 to Pye and Brown 8-2.
At No. 3, Julianne McMeen and Carlina Jow were defeated by Durden and Holt in a tight 8-4 match.
The Lady Bisons began singles play with a 1-0 deficit.
Bishop fell at No. 1 to Pye 6-3, 6-3, adding to Lipscomb’s disadvantage.
At No. 2, Keevil was also defeated, losing to Dean 6-1, 6-1.
The Lady Bisons had two close three set matches at No. 3 and No. 4, but unfortunately, Lipscomb did not come out with the win in either match.
Hansen was defeated by Durden 2-6, 6-1, 10-8, and Jackson fell to Olagbegi 6-3, 4-6, 10-8.
Jow lost at No. 5 to Brown 6-1, 6-1.
At No. 6, McMeen played a hard match but barely came up short, falling in the end to Holt 7-6 (5), 7-5.
The Lady Bisons’ 7-0 loss was their final match in Florida for the break.
The women return home to play Florida Gulf Coast in their fifth conference match. The Atlantic Sun match up will take place Friday at Lipscomb Tennis Center.
1. Keevil/Bishop (LU) def. Olagbegi/Dean (FAMU) 8-6
2. Pye/Brown (FAMU) def. Jackson/Hansen (LU) 8-2
3. Durden/Holt (FAMU) def. Jow/McMeen (LU) 8-4
1. Pye (FAMU) def. Bishop (LU) 6-3, 6-3
2. Dean (FAMU) def. Keevil (LU) 6-1, 6-1
3. Durden (FAMU) def. Hansen (LU) 2-6, 6-1, 10-8
4. Olagbegi (FAMU) def. Jackson (LU) 6-3, 4-6, 10-8
5. Brown (FAMU) def. Jow (LU) 6-1, 6-1
6. Holt (FAMU) def. McMeen (LU) 7-6 (5), 7-5
Written by Ashland Williams, student assistant in athletics media relations.
Women's Tennis Archives
2009-10 Women's Tennis