|Women's Tennis » Schedule » Roster » News » Coaches » 2015 Stats|
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Lipscomb Lady Bisons' first trip to the Atlantic Sun Conference Tennis Championships ended in the first round.
Thursday afternoon at North Florida’s tennis facility the No. 6-seeded Lady Bisons fell 4-0 to No.3-seeded Florida Gulf Coast.
The Lady Bisons lost the doubles point and could never gain momentum.
It is the end of the most successful season for the Lady Bisons in terms of wins. They finish with a 10-11 record overall.
FGCU is 14-7 and advances to the semifinals.
Lipscomb vs FGCU
(UNF Tennis Complex)
FGCU 4, Lipscomb 0
1. Sarah Means (FGCU) vs. Deahna Welcher (LIP) 6-4, 3-2, unfinished
2. Breana Stampfli (FGCU) def. Melissa Kromer (LIP) 6-3, 6-1
3. Johanna Sterkel (FGCU) vs. Laura Kent (LIP) 6-1, 4-2, unfinished
4. Candela Munoz Giron (FGCU) def. Jenny Borck (LIP) 6-1, 6-1
5. Elizabeth Means (FGCU) vs. Lorena Djuknic (LIP) 7-5, unfinished
6. Bettina Botha (FGCU) def. Sierra Troxel (LIP) 6-2, 6-1
1. Elizabeth Means/Sarah Means (FGCU) vs. Deahna Welcher/Jenny Borck (LIP) 7-7, unfinished
2. Bettina Botha/Johanna Sterkel (FGCU) def. Melissa Kromer/Laura Kent (LIP) 8-6
3. Candela Munoz Giron/Breana Stampfli (FGCU) def. Lorena Djuknic/Sierra Troxel (LIP) 8-2
Order of finish: Doubles (3, 2); Singles (2, 6, 4)
Women's Tennis Archives
2013-14 Women's Tennis